Blank Image
background
St. Mary Magdalen's
Catholic Church
Willesden Green
London NW10
Just some images of our church
blank image
blank image
blank image blank image blank image blank image blank image blank image
Click here to go back

Monday, June 27, 2011
From Martin Plunkett, Seminarian – Youth Worker at St Mary Magdalen's 2005-2008
Since leaving Mary Magdalen's I have been training in Allen Hall for the priesthood. I have just finished my third year and look forward to ordination to the deaconate next year and, God willing, to the priesthood in 2 year's time. Having finished the studies for this year I have been able to come back to Willesden for a few days and it has been lovely to see so many happy and familiar faces as they ask me how I am doing.

While I was in Willesden I worked mainly with the Youth clubs and young people and it gave me a good foundation for these seminary years. I do miss the contact with everyone though and it is a surprise to see that the young people I knew are getting older, going off to university and so on! It is great to see that many of them value the place of their faith in their lives and are allowing God to direct the choices they make. This is what we call vocation; that mysterious sense that God has created us absolutely free but calls us and guides us to make the best decisions for our life.

For me the pathway to priestly formation has been long and varied – earlier I wanted to be an actor but then became a teacher, at one time I was in a rock-band and wanted to change the world! Later I realised that God could, and has changed the world, through the gift of his Son. Today we celebrate the feast of Corpus Christi, to remember the gift of Christ's body for us on the Cross and with us in the Eucharist. May he help us all through our celebration to grow in love for him and our different vocations for his service.


CALLING ALL 15-30 YEAR OLDS.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LOVE? WHY DO WE NEED IT SO MUCH? HOW CAN WE FIND TRUE LOVE? HOW FAR CAN YOU GO WITH A BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND?
This Year’s Summer Faith conference will answer this questions very well! The theme is “Love one another as I have loved you? The Vocation to Love.
Mon 1st August – Fri 5th 2011 Deadline 17TH July. Minibus goes from here
All in the usual holiday atmosphere which has attracted so many over the years.
We already have a\ dozen booked from the parish booked for it.
The full cost of a booking for the 2011 session is £145 with a reduced student/unwaged rate of £120.There are further subsidies for those who really need it. Talk to Fr Hugh
Parents please encourage your young people to go to this great event.

posted by Sinead Reekie at 9:02 am