Blank Image
background
St. Mary Magdalen's
Catholic Church
Willesden Green
London NW10
Just some images of our church
blank image
blank image
blank image blank image blank image blank image blank image blank image
Click here to go back

Tuesday, November 09, 2010
NEW PARISH YOUTH CO-ORDINATOR
My name is Rachel Kidd, I am 23 years old and I come from Dundee in Scotland. In September I was delighted to take up the position of Youth Co-ordinator for the this Parish, St Mary Magdalen’s. As well as working here 2 days per week, I will also work 2 days in St Benedict’s, Ealing Abbey.

I was raised in a Catholic family. My journey in youth ministry began five years ago when, at the age of 18, I had an experience of a deep encounter with Christ through which I felt a strong call to work in youth evangelisation for the Church. I began working alongside the Diocesan Youth Co-ordinator for over a year and then I was officially employed for a period of seven months. From there I went on to join a Catholic Community in the West Highlands of Scotland called Craig Lodge Community, where I spent one year as a volunteer. There I helped to run retreats each weekend, was involved in chaplaincy work in the local Primary and High School and received a great deal of formation in my own faith, through the prayer life and catechesis in the Community. I then went on to study at the Emmanuel School of Mission in Rome, doing a nine-month course in missionary, spiritual and doctrinal formation, run by the Emmanuel Community under the patronage of the Pontifical Council for the Laity. After completing this course I began a BA in Applied Theology at the Maryvale Institute in Birmingham and I am now in my 2nd year of this degree.

Under the direction of Fr Hugh and Deacon Michael, who is my “line manager”, I will begin by working with the Post-Confirmation Group, which has been running here for several years, the Youth Clubs for years 5-6 and 7-8, and in collaboration with Ealing Abbey, we are starting a Young Adults Group, for parishioners aged 18-30. This latter group will begin on November 28th. We also hope to offer the Young Adults Group and some of the Post Confirmation Group, the opportunity to go to World Youth Day in Madrid in August 2011 will be preparing for this pilgrimage throughout the coming year. With all of the groups we will be looking at how to develop them, to help the young people to continue to grow in their faith and as part of the Parish Community.

I would like to ask you all kindly to keep me and this work in your prayers; it is a great joy and an exciting new challenge for me to work in this lively parish community. I look forward to meeting you all.

God Bless, Rachel Kidd N.B. Rachel will introduce herself after Masses next w/e

posted by Sinead Reekie at 12:08 pm